The co-curricular program at St Bernadette's offers a wide range of opportunities for our students.
In addition to our classroom curriculum, St Bernadette's provides the following:
- Peer mentoring (buddies) involving Year 6 students supporting Kindergarten students in their work
- Athletics, swimming and cross country carnivals
- The Voice of Youth public speaking competition
- ICAS competitions
- various sporting gala days (soccer, netball)
- Maths Olympiad
- Premiers Reading Challenge
At various times throughout the year other opportunities eg coding, drama may be offered to the students.
We distribute Scholastic Book Club’s specially compiled list of reasonably priced books to the children. Details on how to purchase the books are included on the forms. This is an entirely voluntary purchase.
Instrument lessons are held during class time. Lessons are organised through ‘The Music Bus’. Children have the opportunity to learn keyboard and guitar. Parents pay fees direct to the company.